Throughout Central Virginia, countless people know the YMCA of Greater Richmond. But there’s so much more to our Y than one might think.
From exercise to education, from training team to volunteerism, from playdates to preventive health, the Y doesn’t just strengthen our bodies. It strengthens our community.
The Y is so much more than a gym. It’s a cause, dedicated to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Central Virginia faces new challenges that create a greater need than ever for the work we do every day. Fortunately, where some see obstacles, we see opportunities for our members, volunteers and staff to make a difference. We need your philanthropic support to make it happen. Together, we can achieve so much more.
Learn how the YMCA of Greater Richmond is building Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
YMCA Annual Campaign
For 34 years, the Chester Family YMCA has been proud to help our neighbors learn, grow and thrive. Yet we’re called to do so much more. Your contribution to the YMCA Annual Campaign keeps the Y open to all.
2014 YMCA Annual Campaign
Branch Goal: $100,000
Annual Giving Chair: La Toria Tookes
FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
- Support families in the Section 8 subsidized housing complex of Colonial Ridge by providing an on-site after-school mentoring program and full-day summer camp. Offer an estimated 30 students a safe environment for out-of-school time with a subsidized after-school program at Marguerite Christian Elementary School, where 50 percent of their students qualify for free or reduced lunch. Maintain our community partnership in the Greenleigh Mobile Home Park, to ensure that more than 500 children in that community have life-changing opportunities for tutoring, homework assistance, youth sports programs and more.
FOR HEALTHY LIVING
- Engage children in youth sports and camp programs that combat youth obesity with physical activity while developing a cooperative spirit, and creating confidence with the mastery of new skills.
- Support healthy living with programs for all that tackle chronic disease and obesity in addition to wellness programs that keep older adults active.
FOR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide every second grader with life-saving aquatic skills through YMCA Learn to Swim.
- Ensure the Y remains open to all offering financial assistance for those whom financial resources are a barrier to participation. In 2014, we anticipate that 1 out of every 2 members who join the Chester Y will need financial assistance to take part in programs and services. The Y ensures that no one is turned away due to an inability to pay.
Every gift makes a difference. Everyone has a role to play. Together, we can achieve so much more. Give today.
Contact Chris Hughes, executive director, at 804.748.9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.